Sunday, August 10, 2008

Biking To Work


I have been enjoying riding my bike to work lately. It is about 6 miles one way, so I get to ride 12 miles. I was using a backpack to carry my cloths for work and rain gear but it was heavy enough to make me top heavy so when I was on the road and riding the white line (edge of road 3 inches on the other side of line) I almost crashed a couple times when cars drove by with the wind gusts and pushing me off the road. I picked up some saddle bags and it has made all the difference for weight distribution because it is lower on the bike. I enjoy not having the backpack on my back also. I do not sweet as much. I will have the wife take a picture of me with all the gear. I also have a computer for the bike it keeps track of total distance I ride and how fast and slow. I have a average speed of 13 mph with a top speed of 29 MPH... I was talking to one of my bosses and he has hit a speed of about 45 mph with his bike. 29 was fast enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment